THANKS SO MUCH for your interest in VOLUNTEERING at the EXPO!
We can't do it without our many wonderful volunteers, about whom we always get BIG compliments from the public and vendors/bodyworkers/readers alike.
PLEASE READ THE OPTIONS BELOW AND THEN
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION AT THE BOTTOM.
QUESTIONS? Volunteer Coordinator Donnelle LaDouceur: 734-476-3023 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• FREE ADMISSION to the Holistic & Psychic Expo on the day(s) you volunteer!
($10 door fee waived)
• PRE-REGISTER FOR READINGS!
Only volunteers have the opportunity to schedule and pay for readings in advance!
Instructions on how to do so will be sent to volunteers the week of the Expo.
• RECEIVE A GREAT GIFT CERTIFICATE from an Expo vendor or reader if you work two or more shifts! (Friday pre-prep included)
• GIFT CERTIFICATE for a FREE 1-HOUR READING from Show Co-Director Amy Garber for those who volunteer BOTH days!
• DAILY DOOR PRIZES just for volunteers: One entry for each shift worked! (Need NOT be present to win)
• An opportunity to have fun meeting and working alongside like-minded people!
• The freedom to fully immerse yourself in the Expo during the times OUTSIDE OF your shift(s).
• The great satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to create a memorable event for
the good of everyone!
(mostly 3 hours each and overlapping on purpose)
FRIDAY, APRIL 21 - Possible Pre-Expo Prep
SATURDAY, APRIL 22
Sat. morning load-in: 7:00–10:00 am — FILLED
First shift: 9:00 am–12:00 pm — FILLED
Second shift: 11:30–2:30 pm — FILLED
Third shift: 2:00–5:00 pm
Fourth shift: 4:30–7:30 pm (Includes closing up or helping with Lori Lipten Mediumship Gallery Reading presentation)
SUNDAY, APRIL 23
First shift: 10:00 am–1:00 pm
Second shift: 12:30–3:30 pm — FILLED
Third shift: 3:00–6:00 pm (Includes Closing/Tear-Down)
VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION SESSIONS
You'll have the opportunity to choose one orientation session between the below two options when you register. Snacks, drinks, venue tour, training overview, and expo-related incentives included! Training is optional, but highly encouraged, for all volunteers since procedures evolve and area managers change.
Saturday, April 8, 2:30–4:30 pm
Monday, April 10, 6:00–8:00 pm
LOCATION: The Expo venue!
Eastern Michigan University Student Center
900 Oakwood Street, Ypsilanti
3rd floor Meeting Rooms (look for the signs at the elevators)
ORIENTATION DOOR PRIZES:
(One offered at each Orientation)
Healing session with Medical Intuitive Energy Worker LORI IRVIN, ZSource Connection
Healing session with Sound Healer RAEL JOY, Joy Harmonics
NOTE: While we don't ask you to choose a role when applying, you may request a role. Please understand that we must place people according to their abilities and our needs. You may also request to work with another person and, if they also request to work with you, we will do our best to place you together on a shift. Thank you!!
Greeters/Wayfinders — Standing or walking the entire shift
Door Registration (some will learn to take credit cards on Square) — Seated role
Scheduling Reader Room Appointments (some will learn to take credit cards on Square) — Seated role
Reader Room Salon C Check-in — Seated role
NEW! Reader Room 204 Check-in — Seated role
Reader Registration Runners — Standing or walking the entire shift
Auditorium Ushers — Mix of standing and sitting
NEW! Auditorium Mic Runners — Must be able to walk up/down steep stairs quickly
Vendor/Volunteer Concierge Service — Standing or walking the entire shift
Set-up (Friday night prep or Saturday morning set-up)
Tear-down (Sunday night)
Putting up and taking down signs inside or outside the building
OUR MUTUAL UNDERSTANDINGS:
1. STAYING (NOT WANDERING) WHILE ON SHIFT (Please wait to shop, snack in the Break Room, or get readings BEFORE or AFTER YOUR SHIFT)
PLEASE NOTE: IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT VOLUNTEERS REMAIN “ON DUTY” DURING ASSIGNED SHIFT TIME(S). You are more than welcome to peruse the Expo, attend presentations, visit the various vendor booths, and receive body/energy work and readings, BUT ONLY BEFORE OR AFTER — (NOT DURING) — YOUR SHIFT. While wearing the Expo lanyard/name tag, you are representing the Expo. We want you to be performing your task or observing to see what else needs to be done. IF THERE'S A LULL, OR NOTHING TO DO AT YOUR STATION, please ask the Marielle (the Volunteer Coordinator) or the Area Coordinator in your area how you may help somewhere else. Thanks for your commitment!
2. VOLUNTEER PRIZES. (a) Since we've moved to a two-day Expo, we can't be sure we'll have enough certificates from our vendors, readers, and bodyworkers for each volunteer. We'll try! But at a minimum, we will make sure that every volunteer who works at least TWO SHIFTS IN ONE DAY receives some type of gift certificate. (b) Volunteers who work TWO DAYS (Friday Prep counts, as does Saturday and Sunday) will receive a gift certificate for a 1-hour reading with Amy Garber, Expo Co-Director and Director of Intuitives Interactive. (c) In addition, all volunteers who complete their shift(s) are entered into a drawing for daily volunteer-only door prizes (one entry for each shift worked). Thanks for your understanding as we grow!!
3. ATTEND VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION (if possible)
Our experience, and past volunteer feedback, has shown that it's helpful to orient volunteers in advance. Especially for those who haven't volunteered with us before, who are taking on a different role from what they've done in the past, or those who haven't been to the Expo in our new venue. We will schedule two identical Volunteer Orientations from which to choose (only one session needed) with snacks, drinks, and Expo-related incentives! Even if you've attended Orientation at EMU in the past, procedures evolve and new features are added, so we want to keep you all informed so you represent us well. WE GET SO MANY COMPLIMENTS ABOUT OUR GREAT VOLUNTEERS, this is partly why: Because our volunteers are knowledgable, helpful, and prepared!! THANK YOU!
We appreciate your dedication and time. We ALWAYS get compliments from vendors and attendees about our wonderful, helpful volunteers!!! THANKS TO YOU, the Expo remains organized and successfull!
April 2017 Volunteer Application
PLEASE NOTE: THIS APPLICATION WORKS BEST WHEN ON A COMPUTER (not a phone)
and IN THESE INTERNET BROWSERS: CHROME or FIREFOX
If you are unable to complete this form on this webpage, please click HERE to open the application in another window.