Join Our Volunteer Staff!
Read our volunteer staff perks and possible roles BELOW,
to find out if volunteering is something you are interested in.
WE CONSIDER YOU PART OF OUR STAFF and are counting on you!
We are grateful for your help and, conversely, expect you to honor that commitment.
VOLUNTEER STAFF APPLICATION IS BELOW!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR: Christina can be reached at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (734) 968-9723 (leave a message)
VOLUNTEER STAFF PERKS:
• FREE ADMISSION to the Enlightened Soul Expo on the day(s) you volunteer! OR if you volunteer all day Saturday, get in free on Sunday
($11 door fee waived)
• Souvenir Expo Staff T-shirt for EACH volunteer to wear on shift and keep!
• PRE-REGISTER FOR READINGS!
Volunteers have the opportunity to schedule and pay for advance reading appointments for anytime during the Expo! Instructions on how to do so will be sent to volunteers the week of the Expo. (Once your final shift schedule is determined)
The spring Expo t-shirt for volunteer staff (See above)
• RECEIVE A GREAT GIFT CERTIFICATE from an Expo vendor or reader if you work TWO OR MORE SHIFTS! (Friday set-up and Sunday tear-down included; Friday opportunities are limited)
• IN ADDITION, RECEIVE A SPECIAL CERTIFICATE for a reading if you work BOTH SATURDAY and SUNDAY!
• DAILY DOOR PRIZES just for volunteers: One entry for each shift worked! (Need NOT be present to win)
• An opportunity to have fun meeting and working alongside like-minded people!
• The freedom to fully immerse yourself in the Expo during the times OUTSIDE OF your shift(s). (NOT DURING)
• The great satisfaction in knowing that you are helping to create a memorable event for the good of everyone!
RECEIVE A SPECIAL CERTIFICATE for a reading from
Marielle (Mar) Gagné or Lucia Malloy-Rangel if you work BOTH SATURDAY and SUNDAY!
SHIFTS & TIMES
NOTE: Presentation Volunteer Shifts will vary slightly from the below schedule. Contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com to inquire.
FRIDAY, March 27, 2020 with Pizza & Salad
Set-Up at the Saline Middle School: 4:00–8:00 pm, possibly extending later
MAIN TASKS: Tape corners of approx. 110 booths
OTHER: Set up areas as assigned, put up signs & banners.
Limited number of volunteers needed; at least 2 hours counts as a shift.
SATURDAY, March 28, 2020
Set-Up: 7:00am–10:00am — Help vendors unload, set up areas, keep cool head!
Shift 1: 9:00am–12:30pm
Shift 2: 12:00–3:30pm
Shift 3: 3:00–6:30pm (includes helping tidy up for the night)
SUNDAY, March 29, 2020
Shift 1: 10:00a–1:30pm
Shift 2: 1:00–4:30pm
Shift 3 & Pack Up with Pizza & Salad: 4:00pm–8:00pm — First 2 hours: Serve in a role. Last 2 hours: Take down signs & banners, pack bins, load cars, get angel wings!
VOLUNTEER STAFF ROLES:
NOTE: While we don't ask you to choose a role when applying, you may request a role. Please understand that we must place people according to their abilities and our needs. You may also request to work with another person and, if they also request to work with you, we will do our best to place you together on a shift. Thank you!!
Greeters/Wayfinders — Standing or walking the entire shift
Door Registration Table (some will learn to take credit cards on Square) — Seated role
Door Greeters with Registration Cards — Standing role
Greeters at Handout Table — Mix of standing or sitting
Parking Lot Attendant — Helping attendees and vendors find parking and directing traffic (outdoors, mostly seated role)
Scheduling Reader Room Appointments (some will learn to take credit cards on Square) — Seated role
Reader Room Check-in — Seated role
Reader Registration Runners — Standing or walking the entire shift
Presentation Ushers — Mix of standing, sitting, and mic running (must be able to walk up/down stairs quickly for mic running). May trade off watching presentation vs. staffing table outside theater with co-volunteers during shift.
Set-Up (Friday afternoon or Saturday morning)
Pack-Up (Sunday night)
Putting up and taking down signs inside or outside the building
VOLUNTEER STAFF ORIENTATION
(including site tour, door prizes, and snacks)
THIS IS A NEW VENUE; WE'D LIKE ALL VOLUNTEERS TO ATTEND ORIENTATION IF POSSIBLE !
If not, you can still register; if we can use you, we can train you onsite.
SALINE MIDDLE SCHOOL, 26000 7190 N Maple Rd, Saline, MI 48176
(A few miles west of US-23 Exit 34-Michigan Avenue)
Tuesday, March 10, 2020 from 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Monday, March 23, 2020 from 6:00pm - 8:30pm
GOALS OF ORIENTATION:
- See the venue and know where things are
- Get an overview of the roles & policies/procedure changes
- Meet other volunteers
- Connect with the Expo team
- EVERY ORIENTATION ATTENDEE GETS A SPECIAL GIFT!
- PLUS entry into a door prize drawing, one gift certificate per Orientation session:
A READING FROM EITHER:
We prefer that volunteer staff — especially new ones — attend one orientation session. Our experience, and past volunteer feedback, has shows that it's very beneficial when volunteers are oriented in advance. Since we are in a new venue, it's particularly helpful for all volunteers to see it in advance. HOWEVER, IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND ORIENTATION, you may still apply to volunteer!
If you sign up for orientation and then become unable to attend for any reason, or
need to switch your orientation date, please contact Christina at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (734) 968-9723 as soon as possible.